Planimetric, Topographic Mapping
Identifies physical features including:
Collected through break lines and spot elevations. Topographic mapping is a primary source for creating DEMs and DTMs.
Williams has 57 years of experience in creating planimetric / topograpic maps.
Topographic and planimetric maps are generated utilizing both analytic and
Common applications for planimetric mapping
- GIS base maps
- Digital elevation models (DEMs)
- Road design
- Sewer and water utilities layout & design
- Drainage and runoff analysis
- Volume determination of sand, coal, and mines
- Landfill compaction ratios
- Subdivision design